The General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD) came into force May 25, 2018 and defends the rights and freedoms of natural persons, in particular their right to protection of personal data.
The application of the RGPD presupposes that the Municipality of Azambuja and HubsLisbon-Azambuja, assume their responsibilities, as are, among others:
• collect the consent of the data subject;
• ensure that the processing of personal data is carried out exclusively for the goal
• for which they have been collected and to ensure that only the relevant data is processed;
• certifying that data are recorded and processed on a legal basis and transmitted the basic rights of the citizen, in terms of protection of his data, at the time of collection and treatment.
The Municipality of Azambuja promotes the protection of data since the collection, rigorously evaluating the type of data that it has designed to perform and evaluates potential risks that such actions can be produced to data holders.
As stipulated by the RGPD, the processing of data that may be carried out by the responsible for the treatment is done in Subcontracting. Subcontracting treatment is regulated by contract that respects the terms of the regulation.
As responsible for the processing of personal data of citizens the Municipality of Azambuja ensures that the collection and treatment of these are carried out in accordance with the principles in the RGPD:
• Purpose of treatment compatible with the purpose for which they were collected;
• Minimizing data, collecting, processing and retaining only personal data necessary for its activities and legal commitments, aiming at the interests of the citizens and the pursuit of Municipality of Azambuja’s objectives;
• We will disclose, share or transmit your data with the HubsLisbon-Azambuja, but not to third parties and outside the EU unless otherwise explicited, nor use them for commercial or other purposes.
Treatment and Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data will be stored on paper or computerized in the context of the instruction of processes, requirements, the portal of suggestions and complaints, in institutional information as well as in compliance with the legal obligations imposed on Municipality of Azambuja.
Frequently Asked and Minimized Personal Data
· name, age, ID card
· address, email, phone / mobile phone numbers
Exercise of Right of Access
At all times you have the right to request access to your data from the Responsible for Data Treatment and/or the Data Protection Officer of the Municipality of Azambuja and request rectification, limitation of treatment, erasure of data, as well as oppose its treatment.
The use of your data based on consent allows you, when you wish, to invoke the right to withdraw it, without invalidating the treatment carried out up to that moment.
This right is guaranteed by the Municipality of Azambuja giving the holder their data in a format accessible.
António Rebelo, DPO